Picture of Horse
posted this on June 14, 2013 12:25
What is Match Making Rating Boosting?
MMR Boosting (Match Making Rating, also known as Elo Boosting) is an act where a player (The Booster) logs into another player’s account (The Boostee) with the specific purpose of improving the boostee account’s MMR.
Why is it considered bad?
MMR boosting may sound like a victimless crime, but it can have numerous negative effects on the game and other players.
1) Our Leagues system has been carefully tuned so that players are placed in the proper tier with others who are within a similar skill level. If a player’s MMR is boosted unnaturally they will most definitely falter when they begin to play ranked at their new tier. If a player is unable to keep up with the other higher MMR players in their match they will most certainly degrade the game experience for everyone involved.
2) It takes hard work, commitment and buckets of blood, sweat and tears for players to earn a high ranking in League of Legends. MMR Boosting devalues the commitment that many of our players make to earn their rightful place among the world’s best League of Legends players.
3) MMR Boosting endangers account security. One should never share their log-in information with another player, no exceptions. Many players have shared their information with a potential booster hoping to get a higher MMR only to find their account has now stolen and sold or traded to another player.
How are we punishing MMR boosting?
Any account found participating in MMR Boosting (both Booster and Boostee) are subject to the following punishments:
1) 2 Week Account Suspension in League of Legends.
2) Removal of any prior Season’s Ranked Rewards
3) Exclusion from receiving the current season’s Ranked Rewards
4) Second time offenders will be permanently banned from League of Legends.